Cacao Smoothie Bowl
This blog post has been sitting merrily in the pipe line for about 6 months whilst I get my brain around blogging again, so I’m kicking things off with a quick and easy recipe.
Since moving out, I’ve taken a lot more interest in cooking and baking… I would say like a duck to water, but honestly it would be a disservice to lie to anyone who witnessed the food I conjured up in the name of ‘experimentation’.
True to form, I’m incredibly late to hop on the band wagon with this one, it’s done the rounds on Pinterest & Instagram so I’m certain you’ve seen it all before. Here it is… my take on the smoothie bowl.
What you’re gonna need:
- Bananas (I used 4 and it was enough for 2 hefty bowl-fulls)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of nut butter (I used peanut butter but you can use almond butter, hazelnut butter or anything your little heart desires)
- A squeeze of agave nectar if you have a sweet tooth!
- Any toppings you fancy – I used organic desiccated coconut, a mixed bag of seeds and oats and some cocao nibs because I cannot help myself
- Stuff everything in to a food processor or blender, this is when I put my nutri-ninja to good use and wake the whole household whizzing everything together.
- Once everything is blitzed up to the desired consistency, pour the mix in to a bowl and begin the fun part – making this thing in to an instagram-able piece of art. Add any topping you’d like, I tend to add a handful of nuts/seeds/oats for a lil crunch as well as my fav toppings of cacao nibs and desiccated coconut for my sugar cravings.
- Gobble up and enjoy!